Saturday, August 25, 2012
1:00 PM to 4:00 PM
Formerly known as the Hamptons Burger Bloodbath, we’ve been following this amazing foodie event for the last few years as it continues to grow bigger and better. Now the 6th Annual (Montauk) SUPERBURGER has established itself as the East End’s premiere heavyweight burger battle.
Eleven chefs will compete for the SUPERBURGER crown and a slot in the 2012 New York City Burger Bash. Those in the running for this year’s prize include:
- SEAMUS MULLEN, Tertulia
- JESSE GERSTEIN & DAN ALDWORTH, 2011 Superburger Runner-up
- ALEX STUPAK, Empellon
- ZAK PELACCIO, Fatty Crab
- RYAN SOLIEN, Montauk Yacht Club
- HAROLD MOORE, Commerce
- MEHDI BRUNET-BENKRITLY, Fedora
- MIKE DEFONZO, PJ Clarke’s
- SARAH SIMMONS, City Grit
- JAMES RAMSeY & STU WILLSON
- PJ CALAPA, Michael White’s Butterfly Burger
A panel of celebrity judges and past Burger Bash champs will sample and savor the best ground beef patties this side of the Mason-Dixon line and decide who goes home with bragging rights this year. Panelists include:
- PAT LAFRIEDA, LaFrieda Meat Purveyors
- SPIKE MENDELSOHN, 2009 South Beach Burger Bash Winner
- JOSH CAPON, 2009 and 2011 NYC Burger Bash People’s Choice Champion
- KATE KRADER, Food & Wine Magazine
- LEE SCHRAGER, NYC/South Beach Wine & Food Festivals
- MARK PASTORE, President, Pat LaFrieda Meat Purveyors
Check out this mouth watering pic of last year’s burger from contestant Wylie Dufresne. We are drooling!
Admission gets you a snack from The Burger Joint to eat while you watch the chefs create their masterpieces, a sample of each of the 11 contestant’s burgers and goodies from sponsor Momofuku Milk Bar. Oh, and there will be beer. Lots of beer! Get unlimited cold brews from sponsor Amstel Light or cocktails from sponsor Tito’s Handmade Vodka.
Get your tickets now at eater.com/superburger. We will see you there!
Tickets are non-refundable, event is rain or shine.