For seven days every June, over 100,000 creative and cultural trendsetters converge in Brooklyn to uncover the future of music, innovation and content. Now in its eighth year, with over 400 bands, 150 speakers and 100 content creators, attendees venture to Northside Festival to say – I saw it here first.
North Brooklyn is transformed into an urban festival unlike anything you’ve ever experienced. As opposed to a traditional festival or conference where events take place in one or two locations, Northside Festival spans all of Williamsburg and Greenpoint, encompassing a constellation of venues – small clubs, epic outdoor spaces like McCarren Park, boutique hotels, local movie theatres and more. Northside Festival is where culture and innovation intersect. A single day might include discovering your new favorite artist, the next big startup or the most inspiring digital content you’ve seen all year.
Northside Music is a carefully curated collection of over 400 bands and artists. With the walkable radius of Williamsburg as its playground, this portion takes over more than 35 stages. Northside works with industry insiders – record labels, bloggers, radio stations, and musicians themselves – to program over 100 showcases.
Northside Innovation is where a mashup of media moguls, tech enthusiasts, VCs, makers, creators and innovators gather together to experience speakers who cover our two programming tracks: entrepreneurship and design at four stages in Williamsburg. It’s more than a tech conference. Bouncing between fireside chats, panels and breakout sessions, there’s also the 150 exhibitors that are a stone’s throw away at the new state-of-the-art Brooklyn Expo Center. Innovation rounds out with pitch competitions, networking luncheons, happy hour toasts and
– Samsung USA’s CMO Marc Mathieu will keynote on how virtual reality is beginning to shift storytelling
– Huge’s CEO Aaron Shapiro will share how the machine learning revolution can lead to smart brand experiences
– GE’s CMO Linda Boff discuss how she humanizes brand storytelling through long form content
– Lenny Letter and Giant Spoon discuss for female, by female platforms and why this is “The Year of Women Breaking the Internet”
Northside Content is a brand new vertical at Northside Festival. From YouTube celebs, to creative branded content, to the next groundbreaking web series, Northside Content is dedicated to showcasing what’s next in original content with non-traditional distribution. During two full days of programming, attendees will have access to screenings, roundtable discussions, Q&As, meet & greets with cutting edge creators, brands and the industries surrounding them.
– Talks from Director Andrew Jarecki of KnowMe and The Jinx, Adam Leibsohn of Giphy and Wolfpack director Crystal Moselle
– Learn about Vox Entertainment‘s strategies for growth in video content
– Maureen Polo of Fullscreen will discus how integration of brand and influencer will drive attention
– Rachel Tipograph of Mik Mak alongside Conde Nast on creating micro moments that are built for mobile capture audience attention, and drive commerce
– How you win the attention of the Snapchat Generation with MTV
Northside Art takes place on Saturday and Sunday, during our community event Williamsburg Walks, when Bedford Avenue is transformed into a creative oasis. Covering 13 city blocks, Williamsburg’s mecca is reimagined, giving the neighborhood the opportunity to stroll the street to see art installations and live music, enjoy local food and relax on the lawn.